You remember the Blue Ridge Marathon? My very first Marathon and one of the toughest road marathons you can do in the US. Well, I loved this marathon enough that when I was offered to become an official blogger I said yes.
So what does this mean for you? It means that I’ll get to share some tidbit about the race and special offers including a chance to win a free entry which can be used for the marathon or the half-marathon. This is how I got to take part in the race last year by the way. In exchange I was offered an entry as well but I will not be using it in 2013 due to my Little One being expected this Winter. I would have loved to but it will have to wait a little longer, 2014 maybe?
Why I think you should run it?
- The race is April 20th 2013. Which means a spring race. I don’t know about you but I don’t care much for a 22 mile run during summer, however training during the cool winter months? Absolutely! It worked wonders for me.
- The course is stunning. There aren’t many race where you get to run on the Blue Ridge Parkway with no cars around. The view from Roanoke Mountain (see picture above) is worth every single of the 7 miles of uphill you start the race with.
- This is not your average marathon. With 7,234’ of elevation change you can call yourself tough once you finish it. Not only that but I truly believe you can tackle any marathon after that.
- The volunteers are amazing.
- You remember Bill Rodgers? He was the official guest last year and I got to receive my award from his hands. Well he’ll be back this year to run the Relay and I hear a rumor that there will be a chance to be part of his team…
So stay tuned for more information. I hope to be able to share what I learned about the marathon, some special information and tips on where to stay. If you have any questions along the way, let me know.
Here is the first special: The Discount Roulette. Here and there the organizers will be offering discounts which may be more or less than today’s. So if you register today, September 18th, you’ll get 18% discount.
Register online using code “HAPPY18”
For more information visit www.BlueRidgeMarathon.com.